In Johnny Depp’s new flick, Dark Shadows, he’s Barnabas, the wealthy playboy who breaks the heart of a witch. Yo, first of all, if you’re with a witch, you better stay with that chack because she’s probably a FREAK! Got all kinds of eye of newt aphrodisiacs and sexual bondage pleasure-is-pain chambers on deck. Second of all, don’t break the heart of a witch, bro. That’s like survival 101. Barnabas feels the wrath of a heartbroken witch and is turned into a vampire.
So we want to know what’s the worst thing an ex-girlfriend (or boyfriend) has done to get back at you. You might be the victim of a psycho/creepy cling-on or you may have deserved it. Either way, this is your chance to tell the story and maybe score two tickets to see the movie and get some Dark Shadows merch.
1) Leave a comment with your story and make sure to leave a contact when prompted for an e-mail address
2) Like and/or Follow GUMSHIP (at least one) then post the link to this post on Twitter and/or Facebook and tag it with @GUMSHIP and #DARKSHADOWS. For example:
- on Twitter: “My ex ruined my life (link) @gumship #darkshadows”
- on Facebook: “My ex ruined my life (link) @gumship @Dark Shadows”
3) Wait until tomorrow afternoon when we announce winners.
*Contest open to US citizens only (sorry international fans)
FLIPSIDE: WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO’S GOTTEN BACK AT AN EX WHO DESERVED IT! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! BUT PLEASE DON’T CONFESS TO ANY SERIOUS CRIMES LIKE MURDER OR NOTHING LIKE THAT. THANKS YO!
CONTEST WINNER UPDATE:
Wow, it’s some trifling stuff going down out here ay? Steve’s ex told everyone he’s a crybaby (which is probably true), Metrocard’s exes got engaged in a holy matrimonial F you to him, but we gotta give the prize to Jin. Not only did his chack get physical (‘I had a woman break a wine glass’) and verbal (and then curse me out), she went and did like the witch in Dark Shadows did and literally placed a curse on him. ‘WOO!’ (Ric Flair voice). Congratulations Jin, you won these tickets but you may have lost in life. Enjoy the movie and merch, and every other little thing you can. There are witches out there, forreal!