SHARE

Damn bruh, I never knew how serious soy sauce was.

A 1.9 litre bottle of soy sauce was found to have exploded in a village dining facility, generously spraying the room with its contents.

The bottle was supposedly only 5 months old and had a shelf life of 18 months, but secondary fermentation had taken place, causing pressure in the bottle to build to explosive levels.

Soy sauce is normally pasteurised after fermentation, sterilising it and stopping further fermentation; this process was apparently omitted or botched in the case of the exploding bottle.

Can you imagine being in the room when these bottles exploded, drenched in black liquids looking around at each other in surprise, and then letting out a collective, “What the fuck, mannnnnnnnnn!”.

[via sankakucomplex]

SHARE
Previous articleWatch Steve Aoki Throw Cake at White People
Next articleMike Song Interview: Spirited Movement, Unlimited Chakra
founded Gumship in 2012 to document the Asian American experience through culture, lifestyle and entertainment. When he's not blogging, he creates music as the rapper Rekstizzy. Hobbies include ramen, fried chicken, and pizza. If he could eat all three at the same time, the joy in his heart would cause him to levitate off the floor in a spiral motion.